6/03/2014

32 Weeks: Pregnancy Update



What I'm Wearing (32 Weeks): Belle Gray White Dress (similar here & here) | Autumn Cashmere Sweater (similar here) | Scoop Panama Hat | OPI Nail polish in Don't Touch My Tutu


I am now officially 32 weeks pregnant so I thought it was about time that I post another pregnancy update. It's crazy how fast time is flying in the third trimester! I've been busy organizing, cleaning, and purchasing necessities aka "nesting." I've also been reading a ton of pregnancy books- just to double check if I'm really prepared! My girlfriend gave me the book "The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" and it's amazing! I highly recommend it to any expecting mama-to-be because it's very blunt, real, and funny! I think my hubby and I will plan a few date nights, movie nights, and trips close by just so we can take advantage of these last few weeks of silence and relish in the calm before the storm (that will have a rainbow by the end of course).

---

How far along: 32 Weeks

Gender: Baby boy

Total Weight Gained: 20 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Still living in stretchy dresses! It's actually been fun going through all my dresses and seeing what works, what accentuates the bump, and what hides it a bit more. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that all these dresses will work until I give birth- but we'll see.

Stretch Marks: Nope. Still applying Basq lotion and oil as much as I can.

How is having Type 1 Diabetes affecting pregnancy: Just as my Diabetic Doctor had warned me- I have noticed myself becoming a bit more insulin resistant- meaning I have to give myself more insulin than I did at the beginning to my pregnancy to correct my number. I take more daily insulin along with even more when I eat carbs. It gets a bit frustrating not being able to get my diabetic number down as easily or as quickly as I was able to do before. But I still stay on top of taking my finger poke as often as possible and writing down my numbers as well. Staying on top of my health is not only helpful for myself but for my little one as well, and that is what really makes me try so hard at doing a good job.

Sleep: Sleep has become a bit more uncomfortable than before. I find myself awake even more often than before and I also have to get up to use the restroom more than before. Baby is definitely getting bigger and taking up space!

Miss Anything: Same things as before. Wine, Sushi, Margaritas and a nice long hot bath!

Cravings: Fruit, fruit, and more fruit! Our fridge is stocked with all types of fruit- watermelon, pineapple, melon, blueberries, strawberries, nectarines, bananas. I just really love eating fruit! Pineapple is definitely still at the top of the list though :) A great dessert that I've been having is a little whip cream on some nectarine slices or strawberries- it hits the spot! As much as I am loving my fruit, I am not so keen on vegetables. The thought of cooked vegetables just does not sound appetizing to me whatsoever. So to get my greens, I've been trying to drink my favorite Glowing Green Smoothie a few times a week!

Exercise: Still walking a couple of times a week as well as swimming. I am definitely limiting doing anything too strenuous but I do try to break a sweat each day.

Symptoms: Our little one is frank breech- so It's been quite interesting trying to turn this baby over! He is pretty stubborn though because even after doing the forward leaning inversion, the breech tilt, and acupuncture this little guy has decided he wants to stay put in the same spot. I guess he's just really comfy! I have another appointment with my OB this week so we'll see what other ideas she has. I've heard that sometimes babies will just randomly flip on their own when they are ready- so I guess we'll just wait and see.

Belly Button in or out: In but it is definitely flattening out.

Mood: I've been feeling pretty upbeat and happy, with some nerves thrown in there of course. I keep envisioning what our little one will look like, or be like, or what hobbies he'll have- and then I'll get nervous thinking about if I'll be a good mother or am I ready for this?  It's nothing too abnormal I've heard- but in general I am just so happy to be pregnant and I'm still in such awe what women's bodies can do.

Looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery and some relaxing time before the baby comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment