9/23/2014

New Mommy Essentials



I've been a new mommy for a little over 2 months now and I wanted to share with other new mommys and expectant moms some of my favorite essentials for those first couple of months! If you have some go to's that you can't live without I'd love to hear what they are! I'm always on the hunt for new things that make mommy-hood just a little bit easier. xox

1. Honest Organic Nipple Balm- When I first started out breastfeeding it was very difficult and it hurt terribly! This nipple balm is amazing- not only am I a huge fan of The Honest Company, but this balm helped my sore, chapped nipples stay hydrated and it was nice to not have to wipe it off before feeding baby- it was totally safe to be in babies mouth. This is a must have for breastfeeding mothers at the beginning. I now am able to breastfeed without any pain-it's the best and just so enjoyable. 

2. Gilligan & O'Malley Nursing Bra- Before giving birth I was on a serious hunt to find a good nursing bra. My girlfriend recommended this brand to me and I just couldn't wait to purchase it! This bra has been amazing and has made breastfeeding on the fly super easy. It's also really comfortable and the lace at the top looks super cute peaking out of a low-cut tee. It's also such a good price- you can't beat it!

3. Milkmakers Lactation Cookies- While in the hospital I had a great supply of milk come in right away- but after I got home and breastfeeding became more difficult for me and baby, my milk supply seemed to have diminished. I needed a way to help my milk supply come back and when my girlfriend recommended these cookies I was curious to try them. I am so happy with these Milkmakers cookies! They come in two flavors- chocolate chip and oatmeal- I'm a fan of the chocolate chip for sure. Not only have I seen a huge increase in my milk supply but they also taste amazing! I think I might still be eating these after I'm all done breastfeeding-they really are that good! 

4. The Happiest Baby on the Block Book- This book is a must for new mommys. For those nights when baby just will not stop crying- this book will definitely come in handy! The author writes about the 5 S's that will help your baby be happy and stop crying. This book is a real essential for a new mom. 

5. Bamboobies- After my milk supply fully came in, these little baby's were amazing! A funny thing happens when you're breastfeeding- when you look at your baby or even think about them, your milk comes in instantly! This means if you don't have anything to soak up that milk it will leak right through your bra/shirt. To prevent such an embarrassment my girlfriend told me about these super soft absorbent nursing pads that you place right in your bra. They have helped so much and they don't itch or get soaked in two seconds like other pads I've tried. I also love that they are reusable and they come in such cute colors and designs. Who new breast feeding could be so stylish?! 

6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Diaper Bag- This bag is the best! I love all the compartments- perfect for organizing all those baby essentials while on the go. I bring this bag everywhere and keep it fully stocked. It also comes with a great changing pad and the best part? It doesn't even look like a diaper bag. My hubby was more than willing to wear this bag around- it was so great! An amazing piece to add to your new mommy life for sure! 

7. Medela Breast Pump- When my breast milk supply was slowing down at the beginning when I really needed it to pick up- this pump was a lifesaver! When I just couldn't get baby to latch- I used this breast pump to get milk and create demand so that my hubby could syringe feed baby just like we had learned to do in the hospital. This pump is so easy to use and clean- I know it will be great for when I need to start pumping for bottles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment