1/13/2014

Golden Globes 2014: Best Dressed






 

Did you catch the Golden Globes last night? I couldn't miss it, especially since I worked very hard to see most of the movies nominated for awards. The hosts, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, were hilarious as expected. They should really do every awards show! But of course I couldn't help but be most excited to see what everyone was wearing on the red carpet! My top picks speak for themselves I'd say. They all look stunning, classic, and put together. Olivia Wilde just glows in her dark green sequin gown with baby bump! Sofia Vergara is flawless- with her classic black strapless gown and her turquoise necklace (which by the way I wish I could steal right off her neck). As for Margot Robbie, she definitely proves that wearing white in winter is a must. The jeweled details along with the hight slit are perfection on her. Kate Beckinsale, in her gunmetal body hugging bustier dress, is a knockout! The gray sequin ombre dress worn by Mila Kunis is stunning- the color is perfect on the actress, and I love the details around the neck. And lastly, the always gorgeous Amy Adams was show-stopping in her low cut red gown. It was very reminiscent of the clothes her character wore in the movie "American Hustle" but with an updated sophisticated spin. They always say that it's tough wearing red on the red carpet- but I think Amy Adams did an impeccable job, and pulled it off without a hitch. All in all the Golden Globes was the perfect way to start off awards season! Who were your top picks for best dressed? 

6 comments:

  1. Good choices! My vote goes to Margot Robbie. Not many women, even movie stars, could pull off this winter white look. It's no wonder she was just voted one of the sexiest Australians of 2013-14.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I totally agree with you- Margot Robbie looks absolutely stunning in her white dress. I just love seeing how everyone dresses for the award shows!

      Delete
  2. I agree with your choices Alida, and would add Lupita Nyong'o in her red Ralph Lauren cape gown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Uncle Chris, she looked gorgeous as well! You should check out my new Bafta Awards best dressed picks- she's definitely on that list!

      Delete
  3. Your sight is very well done and I'd have to agree with your comments on Margot Robbie. Classic, simple and stunning. I would not have caught the fact about the jeweled details on the side. I learned something today after reading this. Nice Job. Say hello to Uncle Chris and keep up the good work. I'm going to tell my daughter about this.....she would definitely be interested in following as well. John B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely say hi to my Uncle for you. Thanks for the comment as well!

      Delete