7/07/2014

37 Weeks: Pregnancy Update

What I'm Wearing (36 Weeks- Left): Gypsy 05 Dress | Marit Rae Necklace | Rolex Watch | Hermes Bracelet (37 Weeks Right): Plum Pretty Sugar Robe

It's been awhile since I last posted anything so I thought I would post a pregnancy update. At 37 weeks going on 38,  I'm getting so close to giving birth- I can't even believe it! Of course the nerves are there but I really am just so excited to meet my baby boy! 

---
How far along: 37 weeks

Gender: Baby Boy- We've picked the name Luca for baby.  

Total Weight Gained: 30 lbs. 

Maternity Clothes: I am still living in dresses that I owned pre-pregnancy! Dresses are the best for summer pregnancies- I swear! They keep me cool and keep growing with my belly bump. I have a total of 8 dresses that I'm down to that I can actually wear that still look flattering on (no more stripes at this point).  With so few choices I have been getting ready super quickly as of late and my hubby is loving every second of it. No more waiting on me to find an outfit! 

Stretch Marks: Thankfully none yet. Although I don't know how much more stretching my belly can do! I feel like the baby bump has grown at a rapid pace in the last few weeks.

How is having Type 1 Diabetes affecting pregnancy: With exercise being tough to fit in/do at this point in pregnancy and with craving more carbs (healthy for baby- difficult for managing diabetic numbers) it has definitely been a challenge to keep my numbers in perfect range the last few weeks. Actually though, in the last couple of days my daily dose of Lantis has lowered a ton. This is another thing I was warned about from my Diabetic Doctor- that nearing the end of pregnancy my body would be back in the mode where insulin will start working well again. The only thing I need to be careful of are lows in the middle of the night. So I always set my alarm at 2-3 hour incriments so that I wake up and take my finger poke. I then have a banana or juice if I need to raise my number. It is tough work and pretty tiring waking up so often, but I'd rather know that I am keeping my body healthy- hence baby healthy and keeping my lows at bay. Along with being pregnant with Type 1 Diabetes comes tons and tons of Doctor appointments. I've been getting Non-Stress tests done since week 34. These are great because they keep a close eye on baby and how baby is cooking- these are especially important for high risk pregnancies. Also, OBGYN appointments are up to every week since 34 weeks as well. It might be a lot of driving to the doctor- but for me, it makes me feel content and reassured. I'd rather have them checking on baby and making sure everything is alright then know nothing and keep guessing. It is also nice because if any questions come up, I get plenty of opportunities to ask them.

Sleep: Ummmm...not the best. A few weeks ago I had 3 pillows I slept with, now its doubled to about 6. I can still flip from one side to the other, it's just super uncomfortable and there is a lot of groaning that goes on. Also, this heat is definitely getting to me and making it even more difficult to sleep. Thank God for fans! I keep two on my throughout the night...ahhhh. 

Miss Anything: My favorite alcoholic summer beverage- a nice big ol' margarita, on the rocks with light salt (omg I miss salt too- I've been trying to lower my salt intake so that I don't swell). 

Cravings: Waffles, pancakes, eggs- basically rich breakfast food! I've always loved breakfast but as of late I could do breakfast in the am, afternoon and pm. I make sure that if I do eat these rich foods that I have whole wheat or flax filled carbs. This makes it a lot easier for my body to digest. Also, I've been craving tons of fruit as usual! Strawberries and Nectarines are the front runners. 

Exercise: I always am trying to keep busy by either cleaning, arranging things, moving around, doing some type of push ups or stretching. I don't want to just let myself waste away, but getting actual exercise is pretty tough and uncomfortable at this point, especially with baby dropping. I've also been swimming- amazing for getting rid of swelling and taking any pressure off my back and sore body parts. Swimming is also so refreshing and helps with this uncomfortable heat! 

Symptoms: Swelling- not fun at all! But like I said before, swimming has been a lifesaver! I would recommend it to anyone to rid of swelling and keeping aches and pains at bay. I've also had some not so fun burning/sharp pains right below belly by my pelvis. But I guess this is just my body getting ready for babies arrival and also could be baby on nerves and just wiggling around. I've had a few days where I just haven't wanted to move because that pain was just so awful! 

Belly Button in or out: Flat. I basically have no belly button of any kind. It looks crazy! lol 

Mood: Anxious, excited and frustrated. I am at the point where I am very, very ready to welcome baby Luca to the world! I think I have the same anxieties as any expectant mother, but my joy far outshines any nerves I have. 

Looking forward to: Making the most out of these next couple of weeks with just my hubby and I. We took a nice drive down Hwy 1 and next I think we are going to go to the movies! We want to do a few things that we know we won't be able to do for a little while. 

*As always I appreciate any advice or good tips for a soon to be mommy-to-be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment