2/19/2014

Bafta Awards 2014: Best Dressed




Another award show, another chance for me to share my best dressed picks! A ton of celebrities showed up for the Bafta Awards this year but there were only a few picks that I was really floored by.  My favorite pick by far was Lupita Nyong'o's Green Dior Couture Dress. It was absolutely stunning on her- a perfect fit and the green hue looked as though it was literally made for her. I also loved her gold belt and cuffs- they complimented her attire perfectly because they were subtle and didn't overwhelm her already eye catching dress. Another top pick of mine was Amy Adams in her long black gown. It was sophisticated and classic- which by my standards usually means you can't go wrong. Her dark lips and slicked back up-do gave off a very vampy winter look- which definitely worked on her. Olga Kurylenko was another stunner of the evening. The cut out details and gorgeous deep red fish scale-esq print were so unique. And on top of that her gown really fit her like a glove! Naomie Harris is my final top pick. Her hot pink dress looks amazing on her. The low neck and high slit were just low and high enough. Plus, I loved the black accessories- the black belt, shoes and purse all gave this what would be summery dress a more winter appropriate feel. All in all- it was a great night of fashion- but these four ladies did it for me. Everything, from their dresses and accessories to their hair and makeup were flawless- leaving me with nothing but positive things to say. Which was your top pick from the Bafta Awards? Next up- the Oscars on March 2nd! 



3 comments:

  1. Lupita in the green Dior is definitely best dressed. She has looked great all season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I adore the green Dior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your choices Alida. Lupita is stunning! Over the past year she has gone from an unknown Yale School of Drama graduate to a superstar and fashion icon.

    ReplyDelete