1/09/2015

6 Month Favorites




I hope everyone had a very happy holiday season! It's so sad having to take down the Christmas decorations- it's just no fun whatsoever. But I guess a plus is that I can now buy flowers for the home that aren't just red or white! So crazy how quickly the holidays go by. It was absolutely magical celebrating Christmas with a baby! Even though he was only 5 months, he still seemed so excited to be ripping presents open and getting new toys! I can't wait until next year when he will really be able to understand it all (at least more than he did this year). 

I wanted to share a few of Luca's favorite things to play with (chew on) at his upcoming 6 month mark. The Whoozit has been a favorite of his for awhile now- and it's a great teether as well. If we are leaving the house, it must be in our bag to take with us because it's our go-to. It occupies his time like crazy which is amazing for any mommy out & about. He also loves Freddie the Firefly! Other moms weren't lying when they said to purchase this item. It's a must-have! I hang it on his stroller, on his car seat, put it down when he's playing. It's everywhere! Another fun toy that we just got him is the V-tech racer. He just loves that he can make the car move by shaking the driver and also it's nice because you can simply put the driver in the car and it will move on its own when he presses the driver down- he is just so entertained by it! The Sassy Mirror has been another favorite of his for awhile now- he picks it up and tries to eat the items on it, and he loves looking at himself. I put it in front of him while he's on the ground playing so he can see what he's doing. Another favorite among many mothers- Sophie the Giraffe- this is one of his all time favorite items as well. He chews on it, has it make squeaky noises and it's easy for him to hold. It is another teether that must be in our to-go bag as well. For Christmas, Luca received the Little Tikes Activity Center from his Keke and he loves it! It has so many items on it to keep him busy and he enjoys being able to stand up! I like that I can move it into wherever I am so that I can watch him but also get a few things done around the house (yay!). You can also change the height, so as he gets taller, the activity center can grow with him. Such a great purchase! My girlfriend got me the Fresh Food Feeder and Luca loves it! I have been putting frozen bananas in it and he is such a fan. It really helps with his teething which is so nice and he can also hold it easily (plus!). Luca is always looking at my cell phone as well as my hubby's phone, so I thought I'd get him a baby cell phone- he loves the sounds the Owl Phone makes and it lights up as well. The Owl is a great way to keep him entertained and stop him (somewhat) from grabbing our cell phones. And lastly, when Luca was born we received the Little Giraffe Blanket and have used it every single day since. It's on his stroller, in the car, with him when he's napping. It's so soft and Luca loves the satin edge. I would definitely invest in this blanky! Plus I love the deep blue color with the black polkadots (great combo!)

Hope this has helped anyone wondering what good toys are out there for a baby around 6 months. I can't believe my little man can sit up now without any assistance. I want time to freeze! If anyone has any toys that they love for their baby or must have teething items, I'd love to hear about them. xo, Alida

Me & my little man on Christmas morning. 

What I'm Wearing: 
Sweater: Aritzia (2+ years old) Similar here
Leggings: Aritzia 

What Luca's Wearing: 

No comments:

Post a Comment