8/04/2015

Surfer Themed 1st Birthday



The Smash Cake from Suzie Cakes

The table top center piece or as I like to call it the Candy Bouquet, made with tons and tons of lollipops! 


This is the Birthday Boys Throne! I had seen these kind of throne creations on Etsy and loved them so I decided to make one myself! The best part is that it went perfectly with the theme and also the extra ribbons were used for presents and to tie on other various items! 

Each guest took a lei at the beginning of the party. Helped set the surfer/aloha mood!


We brought some sand home from Carmel and used it in various places. The forks, spoons and knives were not sticking out of the jars like I had wanted, so I added some sand and that did just the trick! I also got these really cool vintage Hawaiian print fabrics from Joannes Fabrics and made table cloths and banners.


Candy galore! I bought tons of M&M's that guests could snack on or bring home in little plastic baggies! 

I got driftwood while on vacation in Lake Tahoe and painted them with fun surf lingo! I also ended up buying a couple signs on Easy as well! 

 I made a chalkboard sign that gave some fun facts about the birthday boy! 

At the cocktail station we made Mai Tai's for the adults. Along with pineapple infused water for everyone else. We served the drinks in mason jars with fun straws we found on Etsy! 


My sweet Birthday Boy! He had just woken from a nap and didn't understand why everyone was looking at him! haha 

The birthday cake from Suzie Cakes. It's an ombre blue tone with surfboards on top; perfect for the surfer theme. The cake was so scrumptious!!


For the Thank You's I made Surfboard Sugar Cookies for the guests! I wrapped them in clear baggies tied with a tag with a vintage VW van and surfboard on the front and Mahalo! written on the back. I think when you can make something it shows you're putting in effort and really care which I love! 

Luca is wearing: 
Shirt: Happy Family
Shorts: Janie & Jack

I'm wearing: 
Dress: Soft Joie
Shirt around Waist: Rails



I still can't believe it-my (not so) little baby just turned one! I still remember taking him home from the hospital like it was yesterday. My hubby and I couldn't wait for him to smile, wave, walk. And now he's doing all these things and we can't believe how quickly time is going by!

We celebrated Luca's birthday the other weekend and I wanted to share a few pics from the soiree we threw for him! It was so much fun throwing him a Surfer 1st Birthday party! I did as much research as I could on Etsy and Pinterest and also came up with some fun stuff to do on my own. I think making a lot of stuff by hand and from scratch really added that special touch and unique quality.

I was a nervous wreck getting all the finishing touches to line up, hoping it would all come together like I had hoped, and thank God it did! From the Leis that everyone wore when they arrived to the yummy dessert from Suzie Cakes- the party was beyond anything I could've imagined! I just hope I can top this for Luca's 2nd birthday! (Thankfully that's a year away, so plenty of time to begin planning!) What are some of your favorite baby/child birthday themes you've thrown or been to? Would love to hear! xo






No comments:

Post a Comment