3/05/2014

My Makeup Bag Essentials




I am a girl who loves her makeup. I am always buying new products to see how they work or to see if they are really as good as they promise to be. Throughout the years I've found some of my favorite's that I cannot live without! These products are my makeup bag essentials. I basically stock up on these products because if one happened to run out and I didn't have it on hand I'd have a break down! I simply swear by these beauty bag essentials. Do you have any products in your makeup bag that you cannot live without? I'd love to hear about them! 

Foundation Primer- I never knew how badly a face primer was needed until I finally used one. BareMinerals Primetime is incredible. It doesn't cause breakouts, it's not sticky, and it really helps my makeup stay on all day and night! 

Tinted Moisturizer- I don't like too much makeup on my face so instead of using a concealer I like to use a tinted moisturizer. I am loving Bobbi Brown's Tinted Moisturizing Balm right now- it gives my skin a nice glow and it's chalk full of moisture. With the winter weather drying out my skin, this product has been a lifesaver! 

Powder Foundation- My all time favorite powder foundation is bareMinerals Original Foundation with SPF. It covers any flaws and again, doesn't make my skin breakout. I have used it for years and years and probably will never change! I just don't see another one being any better. 

Under Eye Concealer- Under my eyes I like to use YSL Touche Eclat. This is another product that I've used since discovering makeup existed. It brightens my under eyes right up. I would recommend when purchasing this product that you buy it in a color a little lighter than your skin tone- it will really help lighten and brighten that under eye area. 

Concealer- Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer- what can I say about this product? Ummm...let's just put it this way- I'm addicted to it! It covers any and every imperfection and I even use a little under my eyes to take away any darkness. It is amazing and if there was one product on this list I would say that you have to go out and purchase, it's this one! You will not be dissapointed. I usually rub it in with the pink beauty blender, but using your finger works really well too. 

Mascara- This is another product that I've tried tons of and have finally decided on a favorite. Diorshow  Mascara is my absolute go to. It makes my lashes long and full, plus you can build the thickness by adding coats on top of coats. Some mascaras make my lashes fall out or makes them brittle after use- I have seen my lashes actually get healthier after using Diorshow!  

Bronzer/Blush/Highlighter- I've tried tons of different cheek colors out there and this one is definitely one of my favorites. I love that it has all three options in one, and I also love that the colors are not too sparkly and look really natural on the skin. I usually put the bronzer on my cheeks and around my face and neck and then I put a little bit of the blush right at the apples of my cheeks. I've heard that if you can purchase a product that has more than one use it helps save time when doing makeup and that is definitely a plus in my book and my husbands book. 

Highlighter- I've been told a bunch that I have that "pregnancy glow" - and some of my glow might be from my pregnancy, but every time I hear this I tell them that its the highlighter I use- I swear! This is my all time favorite highlighter and I never forget to put this on. I apply it above my bronzer on my cheek and I've seen a huge difference in my glow when using it. This is a must have product! 

No comments:

Post a Comment