3/03/2014

Oscars 2014: Best Dressed






Did you all catch the Oscars last night? I couldn't wait to see all the winners, how hysterical Ellen was going to be, and of course what everyone was wearing on the red carpet! Despite the rainy weather in LA, every starlet looked beautiful as could be- but I did have my top 4 favorites. I have to say that my top pick of the night was Kate Hudson! She had that old hollywood glamour look down to a T- from her hair down to her shoes. I swear I couldn't take my eyes off of her and I'm sure no one else could either. With her skin-tight white gown and cape, beaded details, plus minimal jewelry- she looked like hollywood royalty! Another one of my favorite looks was Lupita Nyong'o in a pale blue Prada number! Lupita hasn't disappointed all award season long, and she definitely didn't disappoint last night. Her gown was specifically made for her and it showed. It fit her beautifully and her turquoise ring (which I saw on E!'s Mani Cam) was the perfect accessory to go with her Cinderella dress. Not only was I a fan of her ring, but her earrings and headband were gorgeous as well. So glad she won for best supporting actress- well deserved! Next, Jennifer Lawrence was stunning in red. She looked sophisticated and timeless in a Dior Couture gown. She let the dress do all the talking and left the accessories to a minimum with simple stud earrings and a long necklace pulled mostly to the back. She may not have won last night but she definitely won in the fashion category. Lastly, I really enjoyed Amy Adams strapless navy Gucci gown. The dress was the perfect color on her with her red hair, and it fit her flawlessly. I liked that she added a pop of red with her colored earrings. I think she knew how good the dress looked on her because she seemed confident and poised all night long! It was such an amazing award show and so hilarious! I'm now going to have to watch Gravity, 12 Years a Slave, and Dallas Buyers Club stat. Who was your best dressed pick from last nights Oscars? 


2 comments:

  1. Great choices Alida…I would add Cate Blanchett, though I admit that I think Cate Blanchett looks great in anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Amy's dress. It did fit beautifully, though I think she needed more from accessories, especially with her conservative choices of dress color and hairstyle. Yes, there were the red earrings but not quite enough--maybe she has a little red carpet fatigue? Lupita's dress was wonderful, but even better was what she said in her acceptance speech--that Patsey's suffering wasn't lost on her. My husband and I just saw Lupita play a small role in "Non-Stop" -- amazing how her career has been transformed by "Twelve Years a Slave"!

    ReplyDelete