3/10/2016

Going Gaga Over Gingham


It's Thursday and we are all getting over colds over on our end. As soon as someone starts feeling better, another one of us comes down with the sniffles. It's a sick cycle we are hoping breaks soon. We're just working on getting healthy with lots of tea & rest (Echinacea Throat Coat tea & Earl Grey are my favs at the moment!). But on a lighter note, I wanted to share a look that I've been seeing a lot of lately all over street style & online shopping sites: Gingham!

I believe it was in 'The Wizard of Oz' where I first set my eyes on gingham. Dorothy set the trend with her beautiful blue gingham dress, and now this trend is back in full throttle. It reminds me of a "throwback" to a classic pin up girl or hollywood starlet such as Brigitte Bardot. It doesn't really get better than that, does it?? It comes in many sizes (large blocks, medium, tiny, etc.), and many colors (blue, navy, black, red, pink, gray, etc.) While continuously delivering its message of classic sophistication. 

If you think the look is too pretty or dainty, you can pair it with some ripped jeans or a leather jacket- just to harden it up a bit. But if you prefer the soft look, then simple ballet flats and a braid will pull this look together perfectly. It's such a great spring piece- I know I'm going to have to add some gingham to my wardrobe stat. How about you?? Do you lust after the look of gingham?? Would love to hear how you like to wear it! 




Here is Brigitte Bardot & Audrey Hepburn (two of my all time favorite women) caught wearing gingham on more than one occasion. They are both just absolutely gorgeous and so sophisticated. Not to mention, the epitome of classic old hollywood! 












No comments:

Post a Comment